Tuesday, October 16, 2007

National Banality Day

Today is National Banality Day, and to celebrate this inauspicious occasion I decided to pay attention to things that don't really matter and not pay any attention to the items in my day that usually need my love and consideration. The first thing I did this morning was to read items about things that can be stuffed into my "trivial facts for lulls at parties" mental file. Then I purposely did not check my personal email since that would be tending to people I care about. Right now I am working on two projects to continue the festivities of National Banality Day; a banner that says "many people walk upright on pavement" and a clock whose hands rotate around the same hour. Later I plan on thinking of the lint in our dryers and listening to as many telemarketers as I can at home when they call during the dinner hour.

No comments: